Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Farm, kind of.

This weekend we headed out to Seward Farms which we have heard a lot about since we moved here; but we had never been.  Well, I was all for hitting a good old fashioned pumpkin farm like the one we used to go to in Indiana.  We got there, we paid the gazillion dollars to get our whole family an all day unlimited pass and off we went.   Luke loved these slides made out of PVC, I just cringed the whole time he slid down hoping none of his "valuables" got squished in there.  

The corn cannon was also a big hit but look at Luke.  He would fire his and then drop it and quickly cover his ears.  We don't know how he did it but he would hit the target every time even with the ear cover maneuver.  The kids headed to the pig races next and thought that was so funny, especially Addison.  She would clap and laugh at the pigs racing by her.  Then we rode the cow train, you know the old metal barrels painted like cows and pulled by a tractor.  I convinced Stephen to ride with Addison and he was able to fold himself into the barrel and the big kids had their own barrel.  On a side note, it hadn't rained here on the coast in weeks and weeks so we are in a big drought so it was a tad, ahem, dusty.  So Stephen and the kids come flying around the corn field in a huge cloud of dust with all four of them ducked into their shirts so they could breathe.  Whoops.  

Giant jumpy pillow thing.  Don't know why it was at the pumpkin farm but it was awesome.  

Addison on the big jumpy pillow thing.

Family shot on the hayride.  So we made the whole hay ride wait while the guy took our picture, so?  It's cute right?

Stephen getting creative with the camera.  The kids in "high cotton."  We couldn't believe how soft the cotton was, it was pretty neat.  And by the way, a bale of cotton can make 215 pairs of jeans.  Just in case you were wondering.


I love this one of Mimi, good job honey.

So, that's it.  Our day at the pumpkin farm.  Where are the adorable pumpkin patch pictures you ask?  Good question.  So we did everything except the humongous corn maze which just seems torturous to me with three small kids and no fun at all so I am looking all over for the pumpkin patch on this gigantic farm.  I go up to a worker and ask him where the pumpkin patch is.  "Ma'am?" he asks.  "Um, the pumpkin patch you know where my kids can pick their own pumpkin and I can get all my millions of cute pictures.  The WHOLE reason we came out here to your pumpkin patch" I say.  "Ma'am, this is Seward FARM, it's not a pumpkin patch.  They can pick out a pumpkin over there though."  I look behind me and there is a wood shelf with 10 sad little pumpkins on it.  Sigh.  I miss Indiana.  I guess we will just pick out our pumpkins at Walmart and take our pictures in the grocery cart.

No comments: