Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Night in San Francisco

We attended 'A Night in San Francisco' which was a gala for Coastal Mississippi Healthcare Fund (promotes health of our coastal families by providing financial/medical assistance to those in need).  Stephen's future partners were the platinum sponsors so we were able to ride on some coattails and score some in demand tickets :)  It was held at La Maison Gautier also known as "The Old Place."  It was on a beautiful estate, built in 1867 on the water with 100's of ancient oak and magnolia trees.  It was amazing.  Here is the two of us with Andrea and Greg Patino and the Golden Gate Bridge (it kind of reminded me of a prom backdrop although a little higher class than good old ML).

Stephen has been wanting to wear a white tux coat since I met him so this was his big chance.  Other than it reminding me of pictures of my dad on his wedding day, it came in handy because I could find him in the sea of black tuxedo jackets from way across the estate.  I think he looked extremely handsome but I am sure I was a little biased.  The food was great, it was different tented areas of San Francisco fare, such as The Wharf, Chinatown, Nob Hill, etc so we enjoyed crab cakes, sliced beef, lamp chops, pastas and even sushi.  And yes, I ate it all, I figured I am 34 now, it is time to up my game.  No more plain chicken breasts for me, I need to expand this sad palate of mine.  Oooh, I almost forgot, the signature drink was The Cablecar, yummy.


The live band from New Orleans was fantastic and after a few Cablecars we all enjoyed cutting a rug.  

Dr. Boskovich and Dr. Hudson, being themselves.  Yikes.

No comments: