Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Last of our October Fun: Lots of Halloween!

We finally got some pumpkins!  So, it was two days before Halloween, at least we bought them before Christmas!  October is always so full of fun and I can tell by my blog entries, 11 entries for one month!  Some months I am trying to find any small random thing to blog, in October there is too much fun to be had.  So this last weekend of Halloween was no different, a YMCA Halloween party and costume contest Friday night, Saturday a quick trip out to Horn Island, Saturday night a birthday party, hayride and trick or treating and then another Halloween party Sunday night.  Whew.  Oh and sweet, little Luke sang in the choir at church on Sunday morning.  Nothing is more precious than those little voices praising God.  

Addison playing dress up.  She loves being up on our bed and jumps and rolls and pretends she's asleep, she'll say, "Addi night night Mommy."  And then jump up and laugh and laugh.  

Pecan Park Fall De Rah.  Cutie pie Amelia.  I added some freckles with an eyeliner stick and Amelia looked at me panicked and said, "Mom, no one else will have freckles on."  We washed them off immediately.   And so it begins, this was the first  experience with Amelia worrying about what others thought.  Sigh.  I also got an eye roll and a "C'mon Mom..." today.  I am not looking forward to the tween years.

SUPERGIRL!!!

Is she cute or what?  Addison is 21 months old now and a spunky little thing.  She would say, "Soopur gurl" and it sounded so adorable.  She always wanted to wear the costume, even the boots.  She would walk around asking, "Mommy, Addi soopur gurl?"  Big change from Amelia at this age, I used to have to put on Blues Clues and bribe her with M&M's while trying to sneak on any sort of costume.  

My super kids.  Amelia as Hermione from Harry Potter, Addison as Super girl and Luke as Superman!  Yes, Luke's costume was a tad big.  Meaning it probably would have fit a 10 year old "husky" boy; a few safety pins and Mommy made it work.  This picture brings a lump to my throat because I can't believe these are my kids sometimes!  When I look at the three of them standing together all ready for Halloween, I can't believe how old they have all become.  I remember so clearly pictures just like this of me and my two sisters all dressed up and it seems like it has only been a blink and now I have three beauties standing here.  

A handsome blondie superman in a super sized suit.

Hermione!   Amelia for the first time in all of her seven years had a preference for a costume.  She was Minnie Mouse two years in a row so I was really hoping to not make it a third.  She wholeheartedly  wanted to be Hermione from Harry Potter since she has been reading the Harry Potter series as fast as we will let her.  We bought the cape but gathered up the rest from the house.  Amelia and I made a 'Transfiguration' and 'Potions' book since Hermione always has her nose in a book and Stephen whittled Amelia a wand and she borrowed the tie from Daddy too!  A little bit of crimped hair and she was set.  She really did look adorable and she won third prize in our YMCA costume contest!  She was so proud of herself and super excited to win a free movie ticket :)

How can you not love this boy?

Sweet friends Carter and Addison, oh and me and Katie too :)

Carter had his 2nd birthday party before we all went trick or treating together.  Ben drove the kids around on a mini hayride and they thought it was a blast!

Fly, supergirl, fly!

Andrea and Alexandrea, Katie and Carter, Me and Addison, who wanted more birthday cake.

I know this isn't a great picture but Addison was so stinkin' cute her first real trick or treating.  She would march right up the the door, sometimes go into the house, and say, "Twick or Tweat!"  Then they would give her candy and she would say, "Tank you" and put up her arms and do, "sooper gurl."  Then to top it off she would say, "Bye y'all."  Needless to say her little tricks won her a lot of candy; she probably came close to eating her body weight in chocolate that night.

Trick or Treat!

We even snuck in carving pumpkins on Sunday afternoon...just made it.  Good job kids and Daddy!  Mommy was watching the Packers beat the Jets, Go Pack!

At the Gordon's Halloween Party.  Stephen was Iceman from Top Gun and he looked GOOD!  Although he wouldn't look at me without shuddering since we all know how much he hates lipstick and black lipstick definitely gave him the heebie jeebies.

Pam and me being scary.

My tough guys.  We told Luke to do a serious face.  Happy Halloween!

No comments: