Thursday, December 7, 2017

NYC Day 3 (Part Two)

The second part of our day was the Statue of Liberty!
 




 

We took these pictures from up on the pedestal.

This is actually on the ferry on the way over.  The kids wanted to step out on the deck to see what it was like.
Ha!  They went out there for barely a minute, it was FREEZING!  And I thought the wind was going to throw them overboard!  You can see Luke holding on his hat!  We all quickly ran back in the main cabin to warm up!

Seeing the Statue of Liberty was an experience.  
I am definitely glad we all saw it together but now I guess l feel like, okay, I did it once. The kids all thought it would have been bigger. 
When I sat on the ferry approaching it, I did try to imagine how it would have felt for immigrants coming to America and seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time after their long journey.  

After a long day of sightseeing a lot of important historical sites, we were hungry!
We definitely filled up at the famous family style Italian restaurant, Carmines.

The cheesy bread was a bit cheesy!

We followed up with some souvenir shopping to top off our day! 


No comments: