Wednesday, December 12, 2012

More Christmas traditions

One of my favorite Christmas activities we enjoy in the south is visiting Bellingrath Gardens.  It is a beautiful park filled with fountains, gardens, trees, and paths but for Christmas they light the entire park up in a gazillion lights.  Seriously, a gazillion...I counted.  I absolutely love it but my pictures never do it justice :(  I am too impatient to read the settings on my camera to get decent night pictures, sorry.

Grandma and Grandpa joined us but we were missing Amelia.  She was having a birthday sleepover at her best friend's house.  Tough decisions already at 9 years old, birthday party or Bellingrath Gardens.

Luke was all smiles here in front of the polar bears and coca cola display; but an hour earlier, he was in serious jeopardy of being dropped off on the side of the road in Alabama.  He whined and fussed and complained the entire way in the car.  He definitely needed some Joy in his World.  I thought he was going to bah humbug the whole night for everyone but he rallied and we made it through the park even with Grandma Nancy hitching a ride in the wheelchair.  

The next night we definitely had Amelia with us.  It was her debut piano recital!  She looks so grown up and like a little girl here all wrapped into one.  Sometimes I wish I could just snuggle her up tight in a little ball and hold her like a baby again.  I try but she is all knees and elbows and bony parts now.  

Amelia's fans, what a lucky girl.  Granted two of her fans had other interests, Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle comic book (vintage) and a giant Ice Age coloring book.  But hey, we were all there to be with her.  



I loved her up there on the stage, she looked so beautiful and graceful.  I am always awed by things my kids can do that have escaped me my whole life...any sort of musical ability for example.  Amelia was as cool as a cucumber and performed her piece flawlessly (all 15 seconds of it).  So proud of you Mimikins! 

No comments: