Saturday, April 2, 2011

Visitors: Some welcome and some not

Grandpa Steve and Grandma Donna came for a visit!  Yes, these were are welcomed visitors.  We were excited to show them the house and get to spend some good playtime with them.  

Happy faces:)

Grandpa connecting with Luke.

Time for some revenge.

And now, on to our unwelcome visitors.  I can barely write this without shaking with the heebie jeebies and pulling my feet up off of the floor.  The night Grandma and Grandpa were here, there was some rustling in the laundry room, which is right across from our pantry.  When the guys investigated, out ran the "visitor" straight into my pantry.  I will call the visitor a "mouse" because I can't even bear to admit what it really was but it was much bigger and had a longer tail.  Ew, Ew, Ew.  So while, I stood atop our bar screaming and calling my realtor to tell her we are moving again (I am actually not kidding, I might possibly tend to overreact a little bit) this is what my darling husband and father in law donned themselves in to be the "mouse" killers.  So while screaming I had to get some pictures because it was so blog worthy.  So they somehow trapped the thing in our graham cracker box and got it outside, under a pan.  Now what you ask?????

Enter father in law.  One mighty jump from Grandpa Steve and the "mouse" was a goner.

Just in case, a little sledge hammer action sealed the deal.  So I, of course, called my realtor, the inspector of the house, the exterminator and friends who have lived on the water their whole lives.  Everyone laughed at me and said, "Oh yea, you'll get 'mice' once in awhile, it's really no big deal."  WHAT?????  So, so, so a big deal to me.  I did not find that answer satisfying and we since have found where it got in thank goodness and sealed it off and we have about 102 traps around the house now so we should be good.  No more unwelcome visitors.

No comments: