Monday, April 25, 2011

Coloring Easter Eggs (and Addi)

Okay, I admit, sometimes I take on too much.  Saturday was one of those days but I really wanted the kids to dye Easter eggs.   I thought to myself, of course I can dye 36 eggs with the kids and capture cute pictures and movies simultaneously for my loyal readers.  There is Addison during the first 30 seconds of our egg experience, she is still normal flesh colored.  About one minute after this, I turned around to put down my camera and pick up my movie camera and Addison is chugging down the blue cup of Easter egg dye.  Ahhhhh!  "Addison, no, yucky!" I yell.  She was crying, blue from the chin all the way to her toes, including down her diaper.  All I am thinking is, "oh crap, how am I going to get all of this blue off of her before Easter church?"  Seriously, so blue that she looked like I dunked her in toilet bowl cleaner.  



So I got Addison wiped up, clean would not be the word because she was still a light blue, mottled mess but I thought we would give it another go.  Amelia and Luke had been happily coloring eggs through the whole ordeal anyway.  So I sat Addison back down, gave her the yellow dye (less damage to the skin I figured) and plopped in egg in her cup and gave her the spoon.  As I picked up my movie camera, (I know, you think I would learn) I see Addison slurping the dye up with the spoon, like soup.  At this point I am thinking, "What is wrong with this child, it's like straight vinegar, disgusting."  So I take the cup away and tell Addison "No, no, yucky, not in the mouth."  So she goes and gets her sippy cup and hands it to me and says, "Put it in here."  She actually likes the nasty vinegar juice.  What in the world?  So coloring eggs was lost on Addison this year but I did learn she has weird taste buds.

The finished creations:)

No comments: