Saturday, April 23, 2011

Exploreum!

Addison so chic, eating her spaghetti dinner with my shades on.  She decided the sun was much too bright for her little princess eyes so she ate her entire dinner like that.  It took me forever to clean my glasses!

This week the kids have been on spring break so the day Daddy was off of work we headed to the Exploreum in Mobile, Alabama.  It is a hands on science museum for kids that so brings out the inner science nerd in Stephen and I.  I forgot my camera so the pictures are stinky again because they are from my phone :(

Luke checking his pulse pre and post exercise...with his sisters keeping a close eye on him.

We thought it was pretty funny that Addison was so interested in the Endoscope machine considering how often her poor Daddy has had to have these done.  

Amelia challenging her strength by testing how long she can hold herself up.  It turns out 59 seconds, Addison held herself up for 12 seconds and Luke just watched because right behind this exhibit was...

this exhibit.  This exhibit allows you to push buttons to hear real sounding bodily noises.  Do I really need to go further?  Luke would have spent the whole day here, he couldn't believe his little ears and he couldn't stop giggling.  

The museum also had a giant bug exhibit and I mean giant!  They were motorized too so all of a sudden they would stand up, lift their wings up, etc.  This is the first picture, before we knew anything moved.  

The rest of my pictures are just of the girls because Luke was hiding behind me.  

I took Luke and Addison in the little kids part while Amelia and Stephen explored the electricity and light parts of the museum.  

The kids had a fun day and everyone was worn out and ready for naps when we returned home.  Sorry for the el quicko post, while I post this I am trying to peel and cut 6 pounds of carrots, 2 pounds of asparagus, roast them and decorate another two dozen bunny cupcakes with the kids.   Speaking of naps, I need one!  

No comments: