Saturday, April 2, 2011

More Grandparents

Oh how I dread the day when Amelia doesn't want to dress like her baby sister:(
Luke and his Grandpas.

Amelia and Grandmas, Addison would say "two Grandpas, two Grandmas" while they were visiting, it was pretty cute.

The kids with Grandpa Jon and Grandma Nancy.  I think it is just the picture but Dad, you look like a blonde!  I guess it is all that Florida sun, my parents were driving back to WI after three months in Florida so they stopped by to see the new house.

Amelia had a project at school called Mini City.  The children could choose any store front they wanted but they had to sell a service or a good.  Amelia decided to do a tennis pro shop and she named it Amelia's Backhand Tennis Pro Shop, I wish I could claim more credit but it was her idea, her name, her slogan and her design.  I did go to Michael's and foot the craft bill though.  So she sold tennis lessons and during the mini city the children were given money to spend and they were able to learn about making change but also supply and demand, advertising, etc.  

Grandma and Grandpa were able to come to Amelia's school to show some support...

and get a few private lessons from Amelia :)

I thought Amelia might be shy when she had to give lessons but boy was I surprised.  She did a great job explaining how to hit a forehand, backhand, overhead and serve.  

Showing a friend how to swing a forehand.  It was really a fun day for the 2nd graders.

No comments: