Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chocolate Ball

Ocean Springs has a Chocolate Ball every year for the Mary C. O'Keefe Cultural Center.  It is a historic landmark downtown and the ball was held on the grounds under the Oak Trees.  Above is a shot of Stephen and I before we left for the big event, our babysitter is so sweet to always take pictures of us, even though the male in the picture gets a little crabby and complains it's like prom.  Said male is just lucky I didn't don my Prom Queen tiara, coincidentally, it was Ocean Springs prom night:) 


Andrea and I got down to the business of eating as soon as we got there.  It was a great night of music, food and a silent auction where Stephen and I got outbid on all of our bids :(  Maybe next year we will have better luck or I guess bigger bids.


Inside was the dessert tower.  Or the giant tower of sin as I called it.  As you may recall from previous posts, I gave up desserts for Lent.  OH MY WORD!  I felt like Jesus when the devil took him to the desert for 40 days to tempt him.  The whole table was calling to me but I yelled, "Chocolate, get thee behind me!"  Ahh, yes, my ever dramatic self, but I did not cheat.  Sadly, my pastor's wife told me the next day that I could have cheated because Lent is only 40 days and with all of the Sundays including between Ash Wednesday and Easter, you can actually cheat once a week!  Sigh, a day late and a dollar short.  


Us ladies whooping it up on the lawn.  Fun, fun night and I can't wait until next year when I can eat all the delicious desserts.  Maybe next year for Lent I will give up something a little easier, like say, I don't know, oxygen.

No comments: