Friday, July 31, 2009

Ride 'em Cowgirl!

Amelia was given a horseback riding experience for her 6th birthday from her Grandma Joan. She and I went to the stables yesterday and oh boy was she excited to ride a horse for the first time!
I took this picture right after her instructor put her on the horse and that smile never left her face for the two hours we were there. Amelia did really great with her horse Bullseye, a 30 year old sweetheart of a horse. She learned how to make him stop and go and turn each direction by using her reins. She did better than I did with my horse Levi. Levi did not quite agree with my leading him where I wanted to go, let's just say he had his own agenda.

Off we were on the trail. I have to admit, I had a slight panic attack when we first started and I watched my first born baby trot (okay, that is an exaggeration, more like meander) on a 900 pound animal away from me. Once we got going though I relaxed and we both had a great time.
Amelia leading Bullseye to the pond for a drink. It was really special to watch Amelia's enjoyment throughout the whole ride. She had such a fantastic time, what a neat birthday present. Of course Amelia is already asking when we can go again, let's just say, we have to wait until mommy doesn't need to be sitting on a pillow anymore and wincing, ow, ow , ow every time she sits down.



No comments: