Friday, July 31, 2009

Mom and Luke time

The big guy and I had some fun alone time this afternoon. Big sister at sleepover, check. Little sister taking a nap, check. Time for mommy and Luke to hang. First on the agenda, a game of Disney memory. Luke sufficiently kicked my bootie like he always does. That kid is dynamite at memory, he cannot be beat. Next on the agenda, make some chocolate chip cookies.

Luke thought it was awesome he got to add all the ingredients himself instead of taking turns with Amelia. He even got to crack the eggs! He was cracking me up though during baking time, I just had to share it. While we were gathering the ingredients out of the pantry, he was so excited he was running in circles and he ran up behind me and said, "Hello, mom, you SO get an extra kiss for this." Then he ran in the pantry where I got a double sign language, "I love you." Pretty good for just making some cookies. Anyhow, so we started mixing everything and before we added the eggs I let him taste some of the dough. He couldn't believe I kept letting him have more tastes and he said, "I just can't stop eating this dough mom!" Me: "Me neither Luke, it is so good. " Luke :"Okay mom, okay, that's enough, you have to save some for the cookies." Yeah, yeah, I guess. After they baked his verdict on the cookies he made himself, "Awesome, good, you have to try these mom." I would have tried the cookies but I was too busy ducking behind the island licking out the cookie dough bowl. Because although I will not expose my children to salamonella, I will certainly risk my own body for yummy raw cookie dough. Afterall, my mom says I should be immune because I was raised on it, right mom?

Luke is whole-heartily obsessed with Star Wars these days. He loves, loves, loves it. Often he is talking to me and I feel like it is a foreign language because he his talking about droid poppers, Ashoka, Annakin and Darth Mal. You can actually see the question mark over my head. Today he retold me this whole story about Darth Mal and burning these droids and all these dreadful things (yes, I realize he is not yet four and maybe Star Wars is inappropriate, please direct any and all complaints to his father) and I said to Luke, "Luke, that sounds horrible." He said with such annoyance in his voice, "Moooooom, that is just how it is in Star Wars world." Well, excuse me.

1 comment:

Chris and Sonya said...

Your blog always brightens my day. Wish you weren't so far away.

xoxo