Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beach Trip and Amelia's 6th Birthday!

We were lucky enough to head over to Ft. Walton, Florida this past weekend to celebrate Amelia's 6th birthday. We went with our great friends the Neff's and had such a fun time. I love this picture of the kids swimming, their faces show how much fun they had this weekend. They were pretty much in the water from sun-up to sun-down everyday.
Tubing with Amelia.

Tubing with Luke. Luke loved to go fast and constantly was giving the boat a thumbs up to indicate faster, I was like whoa buddy, slow down. At one point, we hit a wave, accidentally and went flying up in the air like three feet. I screamed at the top of my lungs and Luke just said, "Woo hoo, I love going over those big waves man."

The early birds. These girlies were the only ones up in the house at 7am so they had a grand ole time swinging on the porch swing and trying to catch some minnows down by the water.

The kids LOVED having Stephen throw them in the water. Anytime he was near, he had four kids screaming at him, "throw me, throw me!" Look at that air on Amelia, yikes!

Out on the boat, heading out to the rope swing.

Amelia swinging like a monkey. I couldn't get a good picture of Luke (sorry big guy) because I was holding Addison and the video camera and the digital camera and an aggressive little crab kept biting my foot. The things I go through for this blog :)

In Destin at our favorite restaurant, The Back Porch.

The big kids.


After we ate, it was time to surf some waves. The kids love riding the waves but not as much as their daddy. I think Stephen was smiling and laughing more than any of the kids. I hardly have any pictures of Amelia and Daddy at this beach because they kept running out to more waves. Amelia kept asking Daddy to take her to the "big waves." Luke was more content to stay by me, nice and close by. And Addison spent most of the time asleep.

Mckenzie, Amelia and Hayden, our bathing beauties.

Cynthia and I, what a fun time we had.

Our manly men.
My big guy Luke.

Addison woke up!

Cutie patootie, sitting in the sand.
Addison is almost six months old already, such a little beach baby.

Our three that keep us laughing.
The kids were all about fishing on this trip. The dads couldn't keep up with four kids trying to keep their poles baited up. Here is the first fish Amelia caught on this trip, a little pin fish (it's hard to see, it's between Stephen's shoes).

Luke's first fish, he didn't want to hold it. Apparently, I do not know too much about fishing in salt water. I wondered, "Where are the worms?" We fished with worms when we were kids but my kids are learning to fish with shrimp and squid! After Luke caught this little pin fish, Stephen put it back on the line and tossed it back out. All of a sudden, Luke's bobber went, WHOOSH, way under water. Stephen yelled, "Reel it in Luke, reel it in!" Luke was trying but saying he couldn't so Stephen grabbed the rod and pulled and pulled. All that came up was half of this fish with a huge bite taken out of it! Some big fish put up a fight but then just ate the fish and swam away, ahhh, the big one that got away.

Amelia got an early birthday present, snorkel and mask. She couldn't get enough snorkeling and loved it. Even Luke learned too and they spent hours face down in the water, only coming up to yell what they saw.
Addison, just chillin'.

Finally, the big day arrived, July 19th! Our Amelia Grace turned six years old!


Amelia said to us that day, "Mom, my birthday couldn't have been any funner. I got to fish, snorkel, go tubing and my best friends are here." It just melted my heart. I agree with her though, I would like to spend my birthday there too!

Happy Birthday Amelia Grace, we love you so much!
Us and the Neff's, finally we got a picture of the four adults, thanks for taking it Amelia.

Birthday cake time, the birthday cake had dolphins on it which was very fitting for a beach birthday. We saw lots and lots of dolphins on the trip, Amelia and Luke even saw a baby and a mommy dolphin.

What a great vacation!



























No comments: