Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Fun

We had some uncertain weather here in Mississippi over Memorial Day weekend, chances of thunderstorms all three days. So instead of heading to Horn Island on our boats, we met at the Dock. The Dock is a fun restaurant with live music and the kids can run around outside without bothering anyone.
Captain Luke.


The kids did a lot of running around, rolling and somersaulting down the hill that afternoon. They all had that sweaty, itchy grass look about them by the end of the night, I remember the feeling fondly from my summers as a kid.


Okay, kind of a gratuitous bikini shot but can you blame me? How cute is Addison Kate looking all sassy.


Big smiles before church. Let's just say I should have left well enough alone and had this be my portrait of the children. Tried to take them to a portrait studio this week and it was a train wreck. I should have ordered the pictures of Addison arching her back screaming, Luke rolling on the floor screaming that he wanted to hold Addison and Amelia rolling her eyes at Luke telling him he's being a baby. Oh and me in the background sweating buckets saying cheerfully, "Look at mommy, smile, look here!" Pitiful, so pitiful, why do I torture myself.




2 comments:

Marian said...

I love all the new pictures!! I haven't visited your blog in a while. Seeing y'all made me miss you even more!!

Chris and Sonya said...

WOW! Best photo ever of your kidlets. Addison Kate is all smiles! So sorry to have missed you during your visit...:(