Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Eating my words...again

This is our garden.  Here is the backstory... all winter Addison was begging Daddy to plant a garden.  He promised and promised he would plant her a garden when the weather warmed up.  Typical of my husband, one day I came home from the gym and we had a garden.  Built, planted, watered and labeled.  Done.  In like two hours.  
Typical of me, I peppered my sweet husband with questions...Do you even know how to garden?  Have you ever planted a garden?  Do you know what month we are supposed to even plant things in Mississippi?  How often do we water tomatoes? 
I may have even chuckled a bit or mumbled a few things under my breath when he answered, "I got this."
Okay, Farmer Stephen, I thought, good luck.  
What I don't have a backstory on is why my children are so often in their jammies in my blog.  

But look at this.  Our first two red cherry tomatoes.   Addison got to pick the first fruits of Daddy's labor.

First taste...

Wait for it, wait for it...

Delicious!!!

Here I am, literally eating my words.

BEST TOMATO EVER!!!

So everyday Luke and I get a few delicious cherry tomatoes!  (Luke and I are the only ones who like tomatoes)  
I love my Farmer Stephen!
Now, we are awaiting the strawberries and cucumbers!  

(Dad, this reminds me so much of coming home from school at our Manchester house and eating all of the cherry tomatoes before you got home from work)  So, so good!

 

No comments: