Friday, May 9, 2014

Best in Show

The kids and I participated in the Ocean Springs pet parade.  And since we were worried we might drop the fish bowl, we had to settle on bringing our two rescued mutts as our pets.  
Off we went marching down the street with all the other dogs and owners while the judges eyed our dogs and my kids happily ate ice cream bars.

Well, because we live in "Happy Small Town, U.S.A." every dog won an award, which my kids did not realize.   So they were beyond themselves with excitement.   So Wrigley won the medal for "Best Sport Name" since he was named after Wrigley Field.

And Sadie won, "The Smallest Pet."  This cracked me up to no end because there had to have been 10 tinier dogs than her but I think they just could not think of a good award name for her.  Had I known all the dogs got an award, I would have told the judges they could have given her "Ugliest Dog."  I mean, truly she is.  So sweet but she is a mess, bless her heart. But Sadie and Amelia did make it into the newspaper so the reporter must have had a soft spot in his heart for Sadie too. 

Our awesome dogs!

No comments: