Monday, December 23, 2013

The Children's House Christmas Program

It is Addison' 2nd year at The Children's House and she was all geared up to sing in her Christmas program this year.  She enjoys her friends there but I think she would have been just fine if she was a solo act.

Addison really sang out strong this year and we could definitely hear her sweet little voice.

There is nothing more precious than listening to three, four and five year olds sing Away in the Manger and Go Tell It On the Mountain.  It will open your heart right up to the joy of Christmas!

After the singing performance, the children are brought into the Fellowship Hall where Santa is waiting for them!  This is the moment you realize that a Montessori school is scary good.  Forty preschool age children, FORTY!!!!   And yet, they walk into the Fellowship Hall, a kindergartner holding a three year olds hand, and they have the biggest smiles on their faces.  But they are calm and sweet and patient and they sweetly sit down in front of Santa.  There is no, "I can't see!" "Move!" "Stop touching me!"  Just calm, sweet children listening to Santa read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  
This is why after my kids being home all summer with me, I say to my husband, "They need some Montessorring."  I am like the anti-Montessori human, anxious and impatient.  But that is the miracle of Christmas, that this tiny baby came to save our imperfect, non-Montessori selves.  

Santa stays throughout the day so the children do not have to wait to talk with Santa and there is no line or limit to visits with Santa.  Addison, not surprisingly, took full advantage of this; visiting with Santa five or six times.  I heard her say to Santa on of the visits, "Guess who's baaaack?"   

This was a classic moment that I am SO glad I captured.  (Our elf on the shelf's name is Twitch).  This is Addison saying to Santa and I quote, "Soooo, um, what has Twitch been telling you?" 
Santa did not miss a beat and understood Twitch was one of his elves and he gave me a look and a nod and he told Addison that she has been a very good girl this year.  Well, obviously Addison was thrilled and relieved with this news because she immediately did this...

A giant relief hug.  

Celebrating with our littlest one.  

No comments: