Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Day

Per tradition, Luke was the first one downstairs on Christmas morning, followed by Amelia. Then Luke, Amelia and I wait for Addison and Daddy to wake up.  Amelia and Luke are literally trembling with excitement looking at the presents and asking, "Can we wake them up yet?"
They must have been extra nice this year because Santa hooked them up!

Although we usually utilize the pickle tradition (whichever child finds the hidden pickle ornament gets to open the first gift) this year that absent minded Santa forgot to hide it.  So, Amelia and Luke both said Addison could open the first present, I am sure they decided it would be less painful for all of us to let her go first.  

Everyone is full of LOVE on Christmas morning.  

Hugs all around.  

Time for all the fun, excited smiles and expressions!

Yipee!!!  "I always wanted these when I saw them!"

"This is the very thing I asked Santa for and I will love it forever!!"

Amelia was VERY excited to get her Northface jacket.  

Santa brought Luke a Bears jersey despite my protests.  

He has worn it just about everyday since opening it.  
After we open all the Santa presents we relax for a bit and make breakfast.  
Then we head into the living room where  presents from our family all across the country await us.  
Many more squeals and shouts and smiles.

My boys.

Mimi showing off the beautiful ornament she made us.  

Addison made an ornament too from her little fingerprints.  

The puppies just move room to room with us, just happy to be on a lap.  

After playtime with all of our new presents (and nap time for mommy and daddy), we headed over to Grandpa's for a delicious Christmas dinner he prepared.  It was wonderful and relaxed and I apparently was too relaxed because I fell asleep... again.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: