Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sometimes it's all about one



 I have three kids, I try to keep the blog equally informative about all three kids but sometimes...it's all about one.  This time the kid in the spotlight is Luke!


First Praise Choir.  The kids began our worship service for us and if these sweet voices do not get you in the mood to worship our Lord, nothing will.  Luke is in the second row all the way to the right.  


Luke's school, Oak Park, recently was awarded "Star" status based on test scores.  We were the only school to achieve this honor in our district and everyone was pretty excited.  (Say what you will about Mississippi schools but I do declare they ain't nuttin wrong wit our schoolin' the yung'uns down here in these parts).  Teasing, teasing...we love our Ocean Springs schools and our dedicated teachers!

To celebrate Star status, the school had a parade and pep rally for the kids and they were to each dress like their favorite "Star."  Sports, super hero, music stars all emerged that day.  Super cute parade through the hallways.  (As a side note to my friends who used to watch 90210 ((and ahem, my dad)), I always envied the outdoor courtyards and outdoor hallways.  Well, we have them down here and I think it is so neat).  Anyway, I digress, as usual.


Luke's school assembled out on the front lawn.  I loved being part of this day.  The kids were so excited and chanting for Oak Park and dancing, singing and celebrating.  It was great watching the teachers bust out some great moves and just congratulate everyone that worked so hard to reach this great achievement.  Watch out, Mississippi won't be 49th out of 50 in education for too much longer if Ocean Springs keeps this up ;)  By the way, I joke about our school system but it's kind of like joking about my family...I can do it but you can't.  Just saying.

Mrs. Streiff and Luke.  What a blessing she has been in our little man's life and move to BIG school.  

Look what Luke achieved!  Yay, Lukie :)  Top readers of all five first grade classrooms.  He also got a pizza certificate from his principal for good bus behavior when a bus broke down and he had to switch buses.  Proud of little man.  

No comments: