Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tutus and Friend Fun

Mom, I know you remember this outfit for sure!   Addison has recently found and fell in love with Amelia's old ballet outfits.  She loves to wear her tutu and ballerina shoes, ALL the time.  Mommy and Addison have even made up mini dance recitals which thankfully have not made it onto youtube and/or Facebook as of yet.  Although I would love to avoid the whole circus that involves dance class and recitals...I may not be able to much longer with Addison.  

Luke's "Welcome to Kindergarten" class picnic.  Peanut butter and jelly, cheese puffs, good friends, what's not to love?

I love this one of Addison and her church buddy Sarah.  Look at their sweet toddler hugs and giggles.  I can't believe these two will start preschool next year.  Addison is a funny little girl and says so many cute things lately.  The other day I had just picked up Stephen's medical coat that had needed to be tailored.  He went to try it on and came out to show me and Addison gasped and said, "Oh Daddy, you look beautiful in your doctor dress!"  Luke has come up with some zingers lately also.  He had a not so good morning at church on Sunday and during bedtime that night this was his prayer, "Dear God, thank you for this beautiful day that you created.  Also God, I am sorry I wasn't so good at your house today."    Then today as I was driving him home from school I told him, "Luke I really love you so much and I am so proud of you and you are such a smart boy."  (He has been having some teary times at school so I thought I need to pump up his self esteem a bit).  To which he replied to me, "Yeah, I'm pretty much like the only smart person in this family."  Um okay.  Now I need someone to boost my self esteem. 

No comments: