Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Day of School


Say it isn't so...it's the first day of school for Amelia.  Back to waking up early, packing lunches and missing my very best babysitter.  Amelia started 3rd grade today with Mr. Bearden.  She told me she was "excited mixed with a little nervous."  I have kind of had a stomach ache all day, I don't really enjoy the kids going back to school.  I know it is important that they learn and blah, blah, blah but I really miss her during the day.  Amelia picked out her own back to school outfit this year-FABULOUS.  You sure are fabulous Amelia and you are going to have a fabulous third grade year.   After I did Amelia's hair this morning, she sat on my lap and gave me a huge hug and said, "Mom, I am going to miss hugging you during the day."  I don't think she saw my tears but I just hugged her tighter and told her we'd have to do twice as many in the morning and afternoon.  I hope she'll always want to sit on my lap and hug me.  Even when she is 30.     

1 comment:

Chris and Sonya said...

What?! How can the school year start so early, I've never heard of such a thing!! You are fabulous Amelia!