Monday, May 2, 2011

Tubing!

Addison was looking so adorable, I just had to take her picture.  She was playing with her toy camera today and she said, "Smile mommy.  Okay, just one more, smile!"  I guess she has heard that once or twice in her life.  

This weekend we took the boat out with our friends the Neffs to give our new tube a try.  The hubby and I had discussed getting a new tube this year and a week or so ago he told me he had taken care of it.  I was thinking a simple tube to pull the kids behind the boat. Oh no, that is not what showed up at my house.   My husband bought an entire island to pull behind the boat.  It is huge!  Like the size of my minivan huge!  

Our massive tube, all these kids and I were able to tube together at one time.  It was a fun ride, just enough thrill for them to squeal with delight but not too much thrill to cause me to be nervous for their safety.  

Daddy took Addison out tubing too.  She enjoyed it but then she wanted back on the boat.  She likes to kick back on the boat with a cool drink and a snack.  

The girls are getting so big.  We docked at a friends pier for awhile to jump off the boat and have some food.  It was getting near nap time so Addison had once again zonked out in my arms.  I had Stephen drop me off on the boat at our friend's pier across the street from me so I could walk Addison back up to our house while the rest of the crew continued the boat ride.  So she is sprawled in my arms, I walk her back to the house, in her life jacket and sunglasses, get her upstairs and she continues to snore while I take off her lifejacket, take off her swimsuit, take off her diaper, put dry clothes on her, etc.  Seriously, snoring the entire time.  Then what happens?  I lay her on her bed and she sits straight up and says, "I want to go back on the boat!"  That was the end of that nap.  

No comments: