Saturday, May 14, 2011

Taste of Ocean Springs

Cynthia and I headed out for a fun girls night.

Taste of Ocean Springs was Thursday and we ditched our husbands and headed out with the girls.  About 25 local restaurants competed for best entree, best dessert and best drink.  It was a delicious evening and yes the dress code was Black/White chic, us girls did not all call each other to match.  My taste buds are finally expanding to include coastal cuisine and I gobbled up lots of shrimp (I even voted a shrimp dish as my favorite which shocked even me).  I even tried oysters and enjoyed them, well maybe enjoyed is stretching it, but I didn't barf it back up which I was a little scared I would so that was a success.  It was a beautiful night downtown and I can't wait to return next year although I don't know if we'll be able to shake off the husbands two years in a row.

No comments: