Monday, April 2, 2012

Field Day

Amelia rocking it out at field day.  It contained all the fun relays we all remember from our childhood, three-legged race, soccer, jump rope, etc.  Amelia's class competed against the 4 other 3rd grade classes.  

In 3rd grade, field day includes the 50, 75, 100 yard dash.  Each class competes in pre-lims before field day and then sends their top three runners to the finals at field day.  This is serious stuff people.  Amelia is the 2nd fastest girl in her class so she was up for the 75 yd dash.  She started out strong and then hit this puddle, look at her in the picture as she slammed on the brakes.  She was probably thinking, "My mom is going to kill me if I get my shoes all wet."  But through it she ran and still ended up getting 3rd place.  Good job Mimi!  We were so proud of her although I have to admit I ended up getting very nervous stomachy.  It brought me right back to my high school track days.  

YAY!

Amelia and her 3rd grade teacher Mr. Bearden.  It has been a fabulous 3rd grade year:)

No comments: