Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Morning!  Despite all the threats,Santa came:)  

Santa got Amelia's letter and she received her very own Vera Bradley purse.  She promptly filled it with lip gloss, hand lotion and hand sanitizer and has not taken the purse off since.  She wears it everywhere!   


Luke's world is still happy when he has new light sabers.  Ironically, Daddy was bummed Santa didn't get him this light saber so he is using his Christmas money to buy one.  Like father, like son.

Addison loved that Santa got her Care Bears!  

But her best smile and most excitement was for her new Dora and Christmas books that she asked Santa for.  She promptly sat on the couch and read them the rest of the day.  

SURPRISE!  We are going to Disneyworld!!!

Can't wait for January when we get to wear our ears to the most magical place on earth:)


Amelia received this microphone for Christmas and has not stopped singing and dancing ever since.  She loves it, she dances around to her CD's and makes us all join in.  Note the Vera Bradley slung over the hip.  Seriously, hasn't come off except to shower and sleep.

Random picture of mommy and daddy that Amelia took.  So glad we have these little blessings to wake us up on Christmas morning and to fill our hearts up with love.  

Valpo Crusader and Green Bay Packer Tervis cups.  Our favorite cups and my favorite teams:)  

Yes, we surprised the kids with Disneyworld but you know what got the best Christmas morning reaction.  Scotch tape!  Auntie Sue, among other things, got them a giant bag of craft supplies.  When they saw the scotch tape they both jumped up and down and yelled, "Scotch Tape!!!"   Had we known Scotch tape would have been the big winner, we could have saved a lot of money on Disneyworld...

Stephen had to head to work on Christmas Day after presents so the kids and I met some family friends to have an early dinner.  The big girls booth, coincidentally, also the Amelia booth as both girls are named Amelia.


Luke taking full advantage of it being Christmas day, made a giant sundae.  

Amelia and I in coordinated outfits.  At least I am not wearing a matching smocked reindeer dress, it could be worse.    When we got home from the restaurant, I was so exhausted I fell into bed, just like this.  I looked at the clock and it was 6pm, I thought to myself, "I will just close my eyes for a second."  At 6:30 Amelia came into my room and tapped me and said, "Mom, don't we have another party to go to at 6:30?"  So glad the kids didn't burn the house down, I threw on some lipstick, wiped the eyeliner off of my lids and out the door to our neighborhood Christmas party.  Merry Christmas to all!   Whew, I'm wiped out until next year.  

No comments: