Monday, March 8, 2010

Aloha!

No, we don't have any travel plans to Hawaii...yet. But we did have a fun Spring Fling Luau at our church this weekend. Everyone got all decked out in their Luau gear, it was pretty cute. Amelia's "grass" skirt I made out of Mardi Gras beads because it is something we always have plenty of around this house. She loved the way it made noise when she walked but seriously, it must have weighed like five pounds. She didn't complain a bit, she loved it!
Hula, hula, hula.

"Look at me, I'm so cute!" Stephen made Addison her hula skirt out of leftover leis.

Considering it was a church function I left my coconut bra and grass skirt at home.

Church dinner was delicious, grilled ribs, grilled pineapple and Hawaiian chicken and fruit kabobs, yummy! Plenty of fun games were planned too. One of the games was to decorate a pineapple. Luke and I were on the same team and thought our Polly the Pineapple with her coconut bikini and grass skirt was a sure bet to win big. We were robbed.

Amelia enjoyed the hula hoop contest, she was the first one to jump up and volunteer.

Addison enjoyed deciding which chocolate cookie she was going to eat first.

No comments: