Friday, December 5, 2008

Santa is coming to town!

Santa came to downtown Ocean Springs last night on the firetruck. I was in the line to visit Santa before he arrived (ever the practical one) when the firetruck pulled up. Amelia went running over to the firetruck with a bunch of friends to get a closer look, Luke decided to stay with me. Amelia came running back to me as fast as she could a few minutes later, jumping up and down and yelling, "Mom, mom, he's really here, he's really here!" It was so cute, one of those moments I wish I could capture forever. So here we are with the big man, Luke decided he needed Mommy up there too. Funny how Santa and I seem to match in our jackets and our girth this year, funny or very, very sad.
It was a fun event with carolers, cookies and the kids even got to write letters to Santa and mail them. Amelia only had one request, a toy dog. Luke wanted a pirate ship, a new truck, a lion cub and a flag. Your guess is as good as mine on that last one, I think he just started looking around and saw the flag pole and thought he might as well add that too.

The kids had fun running around hyped up on cookies with their buddies. Both my kids came home exhausted and with muddy knees so it was definitely a fulfilling night.

1 comment:

Marian said...

love the photo of the kids by the tree!! too bad it was too cold for me and baby gabe. did i ever tell you guys i break out in hives when it gets too cold? i'm one of those weirdos that have cold urticaria. when i get back to portland, i have to be back on allergy meds. blech!