Monday, November 24, 2008

Strike!

Yesterday I took the kids bowling for the first time. I haven't been bowling in probably15 years and let's just say, it's not like riding a bike. I didn't break 100 and I think I really should have used the bumpers in the gutters like the kids. Here is Amelia getting ready. She was so cute. She wanted to do it all by herself so she would kind of drop/push the ball and it would roll like one rotation every 2 minutes. It took about 10 minutes to get down the lane and then it would lightly tap one pin over and she would get all excited.
Luke loved bowling too and wanted my help to push his ball. He would say, "a one and a two and a one,two, three" and then we would push it down the lane. Sadly, this technique worked so well that Luke's score was only a few pins less than mine. Pretty pitiful on my part. I'll blame it on the big pregnant belly I guess.




The new bowling league! This place was great because it's completely non-smoking! Hooray, it was so nice to walk into a bowling alley and not have this weird blue haze envelope you like I remember as a kid. The best part, it was only $20 for bowling, shoes and pizza! Can't beat that deal.



The kids both passed out cold in the car on the way home and Luke decided that wasn't enough. He crawled from the garage, through the kitchen and collapsed here in the family room and slept for another 45 minutes. I think I'll take him bowling every day!




2 comments:

katieowens said...

Where is your big belly? You can't even tell you're pregnant. You look great!

Marian said...

that was fun !!