Friday, November 21, 2008

Princess Red Bird and a rough night.

I love this picture of Luke. He had just woken up and I couldn't stop laughing about his hair. He looks like he had a really rough night and was trying to recover or like he is about to flip me the bird.
Amelia came off the bus on Friday dressed like this. She was super excited to tell me how she made the shirt and necklaces. Her class had been learning about Native Americans all week and her Native American name was Princess Red Bird. She told me ( I kid you not), "Mom the first tribe to have thanksgiving were the Wompanoag tribe." I said, "Huh?" Amelia said, "The Wompanoag tribe." She said it with perfect pronunciation because I of course had to go look it up on the Internet, she was right again. Thank goodness my kids are school age because I get to learn this stuff all over again. It's sad, not only am I not Smarter than a 5th Grader, I am not even smarter than my kindergartner.

1 comment:

Marian said...

that is SOOO cute! me come from the bigbanogbelly tribe they call me "eats cheetoes at night".