Wednesday, April 23, 2008

We love the earth!

We went to an Earth Day celebration at Gulf Islands National Seashore. Here are the kids showing their love of the earth by hugging a tree. They learned about recycling, animals in our region and why trash can harm the animals. It was really fun with lots of hands on activities for the kids.

Amelia and Luke painted stingrays and fish prints and made some "pinch pots." They had their picture taken for the paper but mommy got nervous and when they asked me for a quote I said something really brilliant like, "We love the earth!" Sorry guys, I might have ruined your chance to be in the paper :)
That night Steve and I attended Mom Prom! We had such a blast! There was lots of great food and great dancing, probably more than at my real prom. Although this prom we had jello shots and I know I didn't have those at my first prom, (I swear mom, I didn't). Steve cutting a rug with our good friend Kristen Kahle!
The day after mom prom Steve and I thought we better work off a little of last nights fun. We walked over the bridge that connects Ocean Springs and Biloxi. It's 1.8 miles across and just beautiful. The bridge just went up in November because it was destroyed down to rubble due to Katrina.


2 comments:

Marian said...

A mom prom!! I'm jealous! If I wasn't camping, I would have forced Blake to crash that party! Looked like fun!

fivewheelsfam said...

I am shooting you a dirty look from WI... that is what happens to people like me who move back to the frozen tundra. We shot people who get to see the sun everyday dirty looks!! haha