Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More 4 year old birthday fun!

When we returned from Colorado we had a mini birthday party with Grandpa to continue to celebrate Miss Addison's 4th birthday.  Addison is into anything fancy lately so she asked for bracelets, necklaces and lip glosses this year.  

All smiles for more presents.

I posted these pictures because look at sweet big brother, Luke.  I love his expressions and being all excited for her.


Addison had told Grandpa she wanted a beautiful butterfly necklace.  I told him not to worry about it and he could just get her some toys (see above).  But guess what Grandpa found?   This was the cutest moment and brought tears to our eyes...she opened the necklace and literally jumped into Grandpa's arms for this hug...

...and then she grabbed his face and said, "Awww, Grampy."  So special.  

Addison and her Grampy.


Amelia and Luke learning to ride a two-wheeler was filled with crying, temper tantrums and screams of frustrations...and that was just from Stephen and I.  We thought for sure they would be riding around their respective college campuses with training wheels on their bikes.  So with the third  child we thought we would try something new, something less stressful.  A "balance bike."  These bikes are very low to the ground and do not have pedals.  The theory being the child learns to balance and scoot herself along so when she is ready she can just zoom on a two wheeler.  We have friends that swear by these.  Addison took one look at the bike and said, "Daddy you forgot the pedals."  We tried to explain to her how great it will be to learn to scoot and practice.  The first time we took her outside to practice she asked me, "If I do a good job, then will Daddy buy me some pedals?"  So then, I felt like I was depriving the poor child of pedals.  Sigh, I think we failed again with the whole bike riding lessons.

Our sweet and spicy four year old!


No comments: