Friday, May 18, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

My heart skips a beat and tears creep out when I look at this picture of my sweet Luke.  You might not see it, but momma and daddy noticed.  Our sweet, sensitive boy is fighting back tears.  He and his friends were anticipating this day but now that it was here, he realized it was "an exciting day but a sad day too."

Look at him checking out our reaction.  I was smiling and doing thumbs up, trying to will him strength but it probably didn't camouflage the tears running down my cheeks.  

But then they started singing "If I were a butterfly" and he was smiling and dancing with the rest of them.  
Each kindergartener wrote their own speech and read it to a packed church.  We were so impressed with little man.  "Most of all I will miss how much my teachers love me" was my favorite line.  This school has been such an amazing blessing.  The teachers nurture the minds but also little souls.  It is such a special place and Luke absolutely adored being there.

Receiving his diploma.

Graduating class 2012 from The Children's House.

The whole family came to celebrate.

We are so proud of our Luke Michael.  

Luke and his buddy, Grandpa Steve.

Our whole crew.  Addison is tickling Grandpa again.

These two have had so much fun over the last three years.  Good buddies.

A rare hug from Amelia.  

Waterproof mascara at work.  I was happy to see I was not the only parent weeping at the graduation but really, I need to get it together.  What am I going to do when they graduate high school,graduate college, get married???  

Luke's VIP table.  The teachers had each kindergartener write a note to all the other kindergarteners stating what they loved about each child and made it into a book.  Everything was spelled phonetically, just like a kindergartner.  "Luke and mey are plaeng."  "Luke is swet."  It was really precious.  A video set to music played of each child through the years which only continued the tears flowing.   

Proud papa.

Oh Miss Mary Ann how we will miss you in Luke's life.  Lukey made and painted this bird house for The Children's House playground.  Thank you Children's House for loving and enjoying our sweet boy for the last three years.  

No comments: