Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"The Club"

As most of you know, I went to college.  I have a Bachelor of Science in Biology with a Chemistry minor.  I then returned to school and have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.  But do you know what I daydreamed my life would be like while I was watching my DNA gels dry?  Not about the awesome microbiology lab I would have or all of the babies I would help deliver into this world, nope I dreamed I would have kids at "the club" and we would meet our friends there and lunch, swim and play tennis.  Pretty pathetic and probably nauseating to anyone who may have helped pay for aforementioned degrees, ahem dad.  But really, it's all I ever wanted and alas, my dream has come true!  We have joined "the club" and have spent our days swimming and playing tennis and it's been a dream.  

Here is Mimi with her awesome forehand.  She could give her dad and me a run for our money.  Stephen and I just played in our first tennis mixer (my first match in 12 years, Stephen's first match ever), thankfully it involved a lot of margarita's so hopefully no one realized how dreadful my tennis really is.  Well, no one except my partner who I nailed in the head with my first serve.  Classic, Jenni.  We were asked to be on a mixed doubles league starting up this month so we bravely said yes and I will be sure to pack plenty of margaritas for each match.  Oh, and ice for the unlucky soul that is my partner.

Addison enjoying pool time.  She loves to swim and even jumps off the diving board.  She is pretty fearless and also incredibly territorial.  She will scold people as they get into the pool, "No, Addi's pool."  I just sheepishly say to the other members, "Sorry, you know two year olds" and hope they notice how cute she is.  

The only shot I could get of all of them, when they are at the pool they scatter with their friends and it is near impossible to gather them again unless I tempt them over to the shade for some sort of snack.  I love summer, I love that we wake up and immediately put our bathing suits on, I love that beach towels are constantly drying on my back deck, I love that we never have to wear anything but flip flops, I love that lunch is watermelon, blueberries and popsicles pool side.  The only thing I don't love is that our monthly sunscreen bill can pretty much rival our mortgage.  

No comments: