Saturday, April 3, 2010

Quick Visit and Coloring Eggs

My parents stopped through to visit us for one day on their way back up to Wisconsin. Grandpa wasn't feeling well but we couldn't miss the opportunity to take Grandma Nancy out to Horn Island. It was hard to tell who was having more fun, my mom or my kids!
Cute daddy and cute baby, I'm a lucky momma.

Grandma Nancy and the kids showing off some of the friends they found. Grandma is holding a hermit crab ( I think they found 8 or 9 this trip) and Amelia is holding a "glowy." I don't know if that is the right term for it but that is what my friend Cynthia calls them. They are like little jellyfish but they don't sting. Amelia loves them, they gross me out. We also had three giant stingrays following us all around the beach, really close to shore. It seemed as if they were curious to what we were doing. We also saw to dolphins swim really close to our boat right as we were leaving the island.
We had the whole island to ourselves. It was an awesome, special day. Glad you got to share it with us mom!
Beach bums.
Here's a picture of Casper the Ghost with my mom, oh wait that is me :)
Today I realized, uh oh tomorrow is Easter and we haven't colored eggs! So we got right on it before Stephen had to go to work. Addison dropped one egg in the bowl and then decided she rather go on her swing.

Luke colored about five eggs and ditched us for the swings too.

I know Amelia looks like a poster child for "Feed the Children" but we were all still in our jammies and she just happened to wear this Native American tye-dyed shirt last night. Yikes. Amelia was a trooper and she colored the rest of the eggs for us.

Hooray, the finished products!

No comments: