Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Addison!

Addison Kate turned one year old this week! The celebrations just kept on coming. Daddy ended up being deployed to Haiti the night before Addison's 1st birthday party, but the show must go on :) We missed having Daddy at the party but the children had a great time. Addison is walking all over the house now and when she does fall down she says, "Uh oh!" Addison's other favorite words (when she is not screaming at me) are Ma Ma, Na Na (banana), Me-ya (Amelia), Ute (Luke), Da-de (Daddy), ball, tee (tree), and cup. It seems everyday she learns a new skill or word, she is moving into toddlerhood much more quickly than I expected, or was ready for. Addison is fond of giving out hugs and kisses but watch out, she will turn on a dime and grab hair, hit or pinch faces (or as we fondly say, rip our faces off) if she doesn't get her way. I hear over and over again, "Oh that is a third child for you." It is kind of a slap in the face because I am a third child!
Some of the kids at the party enjoying the bouncehouse. We ended up having around 30 children so it was a bit crazy and chaotic but Addison took it all in stride.
Addison loved jumping in the bouncehouse too, my camera was having issues that day so I didn't get a picture of it, she would laugh and laugh while jumping.
Thank goodness this playset was sturdy, I was wondering how many children it could support at once? The day ended up chillier than expected, it was only about 60 degrees and W-I-N-D-Y! However, we were able to have an outdoor party, in January, so I should count my blessings.
Pinata time!
The only picture I have of the three of them that day. I love Addison's expression. Look at Luke's face. He has licorice drool all over his cheeks and at one point came running up to me, "Mom, they said I am bleeding on my face!!!" I said, "Where Luke, does it hurt?" Then I realized, it was just dried up licorice drool, gross. With Stephen being gone, I was a little frazzled that day, just trying to keep a grip on things. We served veggies, chips and pulled pork BBQ but outside with the kids we had goldfish crackers, grapes, etc. I left it up to the parents to make their child a plate of good stuff. The day after the party, I realized... Oh my gosh, I never fed MY kids! I didn't make them a plate at the party and then I just put them to bed when everyone left. Oh well, I know they had cake and ice cream and clearly Luke had licorice, sounds like dinner to me.
Addison stealing a taste of her birthday cake.
Happy Birthday to Addison! She really enjoyed having everyone sing to her and smiled at each of the children during "her song."
Just a cute picture of the girls.
Then the big day came, January 26th, Addison's real birthday! Well, we couldn't just ignore that day could we? Umm, no is the answer I am looking for. So, onto the third birthday celebration. We had some great friends over to celebrate with Addison and help her open her presents.
Doesn't she look like, uggg, enough cake already!
Presents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got Addison a water table for her birthday and she has had a blast playing with it in the family room. Of course, no water in it. Those that know me well would understand, maybe I won't ever put water in it, I mean really, why make a mess? I am kidding, really, kind of. Soon enough it will be hotter than Hades in Mississippi and we will all want to be playing with the water table, don't worry.

No comments: