Monday, August 31, 2009

Wedding Cakes, School, Just Hanging, Art Museum and Camping!

Stephen had a very cute surprise for me for our anniversary. I love wedding cake, love it, love it, love it. I also can eat butter cream frosting by the bucket full. Knowing this, my lovely husband ordered me a wedding cake and told the baker to put as much frosting as they could on my "wedding cake." So on our actual anniversary day, we were all home sick, all five of us. All of a sudden I heard the music I walked down the aisle to start playing. Then there is Luke and he says, "May I have your rings ma'am?" He took my wedding rings, put them in his pocket and then offered me his arm to walk down the aisle (our hallway). So I am already tearing up at this point because who gets the chance to have your three year old walk you down the aisle? And then there in the family room is Stephen and the girls. Amelia was holding a clipboard with our vows (see below). It was so sweet and cute. After the kids married us, they took me around the corner and I saw my wedding cake. Yum, that was a great anniversary present.
Luke's first day of school, albeit a few days late, due to the Boskovich influenza of 2009. He is so not into pictures lately so this was all I could get. Now that he goes to the Montessori school, no more Buzz Lightyear backpack, we have to use the organic cotton bag. The first of many changes with the new school!
Just hanging around.
Luke is squealing, "Daddy, I'm going to drop, I'm going to drop."

My cuties. Love that big gummy grin of Addison. I could just eat her up.

Addison was so serious about the grass that morning. We couldn't get her to look up at the camera at all.
Big girl with her sister and brother. They are all getting so big!

We went to the Walter Anderson Museum of Art this weekend and the kids each picked out their favorite art piece.

Even Addison had a favorite. The kids shocked Stephen and I again with their ability to retain information. The kids went to an art camp at the museum in the beginning of July and one of the camp days they came to tour the museum. Well, oh boy did they listen well. They told us all sorts of things about Walter Anderson that we didn't know. I had to check later by reading the pamphlet and they were right on. Even Luke, he pointed to a portrait and said, "See mom, that is Walter Anderson." Oh, I thought it was just some weather beaten guy.

The kids have been begging to go camping. We thought we better give it a test run before we do the real thing. Stephen was brave and decided to camp out in the backyard with Luke and Amelia. I however, thought it was a bit too muggy that night and Addison and I had a lovely evening in the air conditioning.
Here they are, ready to "rough it" in the tent. Well, I went to bed and around midnight I heard the troops head back in the house. Stephen said, "We are all laying there on top of our sleeping bags with our shirts off and we are still sweating." So they roughed it for a little bit. Stephen said, the kids did fall asleep but they were tossing and turning, I think Daddy got a little bit too steamy in there. Oh well, we'll try again in the fall.












No comments: