Sunday, August 23, 2009

We Finally Tuckered Them Out


Mommy, I love prunes, yummy, yummy, yummy.

Addison isn't so innocent, see her pulling her big brother's hair? She is going to be a spunky one I tell you, mark my words.
Lucky for us Luke is super gentle and patient with Addison. He turned around and said, "No, no Addison, that hurts your big broder." Disclaimer, Luke is super gentle and patient with Addison, not with me.
This weekend we took the boat to a restaurant called, The Dock. It is about a half hour boat ride but so relaxing. We brought along our friends the Kahle's and Kristen's parents too. The kids asked me which restaurant we were going to and I told them the one with the big grass hill you run down. Yippee!
Daddy and Addison Kate hanging out at The Dock. We had absolutely amazing weather this weekend. Very, very low humidity and low 80's. It was beautiful and we spent every waking minute we could outside. We were sitting outside and I couldn't figure out what was so strange and then I realized, "Wait, I'm not sweating." How odd.
I thought I would throw this one in the mix. My kids don't take all great pictures, see. Thank goodness for digital cameras.
Bellies are full, time to ride home from the restaurant. We got to watch the sun setting as we drove the boat home, it was beautiful.

Amelia and Addison zonked out once again on the boat.
Luke was still ready to party. There is no where in the world Luke rather be than on the boat. Well, maybe that's not true. Probably on the boat, with a Star Wars movie playing, that would be Luke's nirvana.
Today we went out to Horn Island with a big group of friends. None of us could resist the good weather, so we ditched our laundry, lawns and other chores and off we went.

The kids caught lots of blue crab today on the island. For some reason I didn't get pictures of the whole crab, sorry. But I did get the beautiful claws of a couple of them. The colors are amazing. The Browns were going to have yummy crab cakes tonight ;)

A busy weekend out on the island. Apparently we weren't the only ones ditching our chores to come out to the island. Boats anchored along the island as far as the eye could see.


Well, we did it, we officially wore out our kids. On the boat ride home from the island, Addison slept in my arms and Luke and Amelia both slept on my lap, one facing each direction. I was covered in drool when we got back to the dock but I had three happy, sandy kids. Good weekend as far as I am concerned. We got home and bathed all the kiddos and Amelia and Luke each headed for a couch and passed out again until we had dinner ready.
















No comments: