Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Midwest Tour-Wisconsin cont.

While in Wisconsin I got to visit with two of my good friends from high school. Jamie and I have been friends for over 20 years now, wow that makes me feel super old. Anyway, she has Edison (4) and Elizabeth (1.5). Mary and I have been friends since high school and played basketball and tennis together. She has Sam (almost 5) and Emma (almost 3). Mary's husband, Nathan, and I started kindergarten together and went to school together all the way through high school. We tried to tell Sam and Amelia that we met at their age but they looked at us with a bored look and kept reading books together. Oh well. The kids all had fun tearing through Jamie's house together and we girls had fun catching up.
My grandparents on my dad's side live about an hour and a half north of my parents. So we took the trip one day to go visit Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa and the kids had a sweet time with them. They sang "God Bless America" all together and read books.
Grandpa Jon, Great- Grandpa Wellhoefer and the kids.
On July 19th Amelia celebrated her real 5th birthday at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She woke up to a princess cake and a decorated house and boy was she excited. She had an awesome day. We all went out to breakfast and then Amelia and Grandma Nancy went to a movie together while Luke and I napped. Then we all went to an awesome pizza place which is a cross between a children's museum and chuck E cheese. Amelia got her fill of cake, ice cream and other treats that day.
Present time! Lots of barbie and princess toys this year, everything was pink, pink, pink.

No comments: