Monday, January 27, 2014

Addison Kate is Five!

My baby girl turned five yesterday.  I cried, multiple times.  Five is a big girl, five is like almost moving out of the house.  I cannot stand it.  I immediately went to church and held all of the newborns that I could get my hands on and sniffed them and snuggled them and pretended they were mine.  
Then I got it together and it was time to party with the best partier in the world.  
I love this picture of Addison in front of her presents because she was doing her typical party pose but she needed to add the "I'm 5 fingers today!"

Pinkalicious big girl bike.  It is dripping in pink.  


Addison is our best poser for pictures.  She can be in the middle of doing anything and if we say, "Addison, smile" she will immediately look up and give you a face full of smile and then go right back to what she was doing or saying.  I am sure it is a side effect of a mom that blogs.

After Addison opened all of her presents, we told her we had one more surprise but she had to close her eyes.  

Addison had been asking for months for her very own pet.  So we surprised her with a Beta fish and her reaction was priceless.

Addison was overjoyed.  She cannot stop talking about her pet fish (she cannot decided on a name yet).  She tells everyone we run into that she has a pet fish.  I heard her talking to it last night and she said, "I hope you just adore your new home."  
She told us last night, "I was asking and asking but I didn't think you would really get me my own fish.  Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Addison was really excited!  

Pink cake with pink frosting.  Another sad creation by mommy.  Although yummy, not quite ready to grace the cover of Southern Living.  

This is while we were singing to Addison.  Look at that joy.  I wish I could bottle it.


I hope all of your wishes and dreams come true for you baby girl, this year and always.  You have continued to bring us laughter and joy since the second we met you and we love the little lady you are becoming.  Happy 5th Birthday Addison Kate!

1 comment:

Chris and Sonya said...

Oh my word she is so precious and growing way way too fast. Birthdays are always bittersweet, aren't they? Hang in there mama. (The cake was better than anything I could do!)