Thursday, August 22, 2013

Little Bit

After Amelia and Luke begin school, Addison and I have a few weeks before she begins school.  
We recently checked out a fun Children's Exploring center in our area with our sweet friend Madeline Hart.  

Seconds before this photo, the girls were using their best gruff pirate voices, "Arrgg, walk the plank!"  "My treasure, matey" etc.  But when I brought out the camera, their girliness came shining through and they both struck a pose.

Another day, another lunch out with my best lunch date.  Addison has called her throat, her "throw up" for years now.  We all have corrected her gazillions of times but she still always says "my throw up" as in "my throw up is sore, it got stuck in my throw up."  So while she was eating her ice cream cone at the restaurant she kept saying, "This feels good on my throw up mommy."  The two officers sitting beside us, seemed a bit concerned by this statement but I just nodded and smiled.  
Yesterday Addison told me she loved me and I told her, "The best part of being a mommy is hearing my kiddos tell me they love me."  Addison responded, "The best part of being a kid is when I get to eat chips all day."  
I also want to remember this one by Luke last week...he found some sort of wand when he was out exploring.  All day he was yelling different magic words and swiping the wand around.  I heard him tell Addison, "This wand has magic in it, I just haven't found the right magic words yet."


No comments: