Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Future Chopins?

The kids have asked to take piano lessons so we thought we would give it a go.  I would love to have them play the piano while I sit and drink my coffee.  That is of course, once we have progressed from Do Re Mi and Twinkle, Twinkle.  As Luke's piano teacher told me and witnessed from above photo, "Luke sometimes has a little bit of a harder time sitting still."  Ya think?  

Ah, proper technique.  Much better.  Although really, while they practice at home I have no idea if they are doing it right or if it sounds correct because as previously stated in this blog, I have no musical ability and quite possibly might be tone deaf.  Just ask the people that sit by me at church as I belt out worship songs.  My experience of piano lessons was torturous.  The teacher was some old biddy who never let me near the piano and only let me work on flash cards.  Two years of flash cards learning the bass and the treble cleff and I still never touched the piano, there is only so much "Every Good Boy Does Fine" one 6 year old can take.  No wonder I became a jock instead.  

Amelia is excelling and loving piano lessons and the teacher adores Amelia's long, spindly fingers.  

Addison is holding her own and constantly making us laugh, even though we shouldn't because she is as sassy as can be.  I told her today, "Addison, you are something."  She looked me square in the eye and said, "Yeah, mom, well you are something ELSE."

No comments: