Friday, June 29, 2012

The Breakout

Well we managed it again.  Somehow we finagled an escape from three kids, two dogs, a house that loves to "surprise" us and an ER work schedule.  Our wonderful Ashley took care of all of it for us again and handled it beautifully.  The kids were loving every second with Ashley- swimming, going out to eat, movies, splash pad.  It's definitely better than when mommy's home and I *gasp* insist they make their beds and unload the dishwasher.  The second we arrived in Destin we just took a deep breath and RELAXED.  The stay was absolutely beautiful and the picture above is from our private balcony at our adults only resort!!  We figured if we were paying big bucks to be away from our kids; we wanted to be away from everyone else's kids too.  

The Henderson Park Inn- this place was FAB-U-LOUS!  The rooms were beautiful and steps from the beach, tons of privacy, delicious food and service.  We loved every second.  And how can I not mention my favorite part, wait for it...all you can eat FULL size candy bars available 24 hours a day.  I think I almost had a candy bar stroke.  


Man, I love this guy.  

Double fisting it during happy hour.  He brought his own Kangaroo cup from home, what a weirdo.  

Oh where oh where has my Indiana boy gone?  He has been replaced by this linen shirt, madras plaid, deck shoe wearing sexy man.  I like, I like :)  And he bought this outfit completely independent of me and even seer sucker shorts.  He has become SO southern.  Don't be surprised if he sports a bow tie to church someday soon;)  Although he can still be found in his 20 year old Bulls shorts and shirtless strutting around the house.  Some habits die hard.  

This is where I happily spent much of our vacation-coffee, book, candy bars=happy Jenni.

Our attempt at using our camera timer.  Stephen had to balance the chair on the bed-it was quite the photography feat.  It's always good to get away and enjoy each other's company and come back refreshed for the kids.  As I write this, Addison is sitting on my lap coloring on my planner mumbling to herself, "Kids can go to Destin too you know, not just mommy's and daddy's."  Next trip is all about the kids.  Promise.

No comments: