Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bye Bye Glasses and Contacts!


I know, I know, I shouldn't post such gorgeous pictures of myself.  I took this on my Iphone right before my surgery, already doped up on Valium and then I went ahead and posted it on Facebook.  Never a good idea to post things on Facebook while doped up on anything I suppose.  My friends sure enjoyed my posting though.  After wearing glasses for  25 years and contacts for 21 years, I finally had enough!  Bye bye prescriptions, hello Lasek eye surgery.  My surgery went great, I am one week out and well, I can't quite see clearly yet but I am getting there!  The surgery  I chose has a longer recovery period (not instant gratification) but it is a little safer and supposed to last longer.  So although I am still blurry, I am less blurry than before!  Each day things are becoming more clear and to be able to see the alarm clock when I wake up had been very exciting.  My doctor said everything is healing perfectly and I look forward to seeing everything crisply soon.  And by the way,  I wish I could take a Valium everyday, I think my days would be just so pleasant.

No comments: