Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mom's Getaway to Minnesota

Sheryl and Tony's wedding in Mankato, Minnesota.  I was able to have a little mommy's getaway this past weekend to the Twin Cities, it was long overdue and I had a great time.  My college roommate and sorority sister, Sheryl, was getting married and I didn't want to miss it so Stephen stayed with the kids and I jetted away, BY MYSELF!!  I even thought the plane ride was enjoyable because I didn't have to entertain anyone or change any diapers or dish out snacks.  The wedding was great and Sheryl and Tony looked very much in love, so happy for you two!

My sister, Traci, was my lucky "plus one" for the wedding.  Sisters all snazzed up for the wedding.

Sheryl and I at the reception, which by the way had a candy bar.  What an awesome idea, Traci and I elbowed all the kids out of the way and scored some yummy candy that went perfectly with our beers.  

Enjoying ourselves in Mankato, I love my big sis!  Traci and I had a really fun weekend, I am so glad I made it up there.  We could have called our weekend, Eat, Sleep, Shop because those were our main objectives.  Traci and I scored some awesome deals shopping, (seriously we bought $800 worth of jewelry for under $100, I am not kidding).  We consumed lots of yummy food and Traci finally found me some wine that I like, hooray!  It was so nice to enjoy some nice cool days and walking around her cool Minneapolis neighborhood and Lake Harriet multiple times. 

I even got to hang with my awesome nephew Max.  He's one cool kid and so adorable to boot.  I think he eventually forgave me for not bringing Amelia and Luke because I listened to his facts about fish and squishies.

1 comment:

Kristen K said...

Y'all look fabulous! Glad you got a sis weekend away - they are the best! Love ya :)