Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Season for busy busy busy

Addison sporting the new headband Grandma sent her. We are thinking maybe she's more of a bow girl than a headband girl . . . Although, it does a great job at mealtime of keeping her hair out of her face.
This week has been jam packed with Christmas activities. First it was the Christmas program and party at Luke's school. If 38 children singing Christmas carols, ranging in ages from three to six, can't get you into the Christmas spirit than nothing will. As you can see in the picture above, Luke really sang out his little lungs. We were so proud of the little man.

Then Santa paid a visit to the school and after reading the children A Night Before Christmas, it was time to tell Santa your Christmas list. As you can tell by Luke's expression, he was not too sure about visiting with Santa but he tried to put on a brave face since all of his friends were doing it. He would not speak or look at Santa though, AT ALL. When we finished pictures, he hopped off his lap and then ate his lunch. But during lunch he said, "Mom, I didn't tell Santa what I wanted!!" I explained we could go tell him but Luke insisted I did it. So up I trod to Santa with my four year old huddled behind me to tell him Luke wanted Mace Windu and Kit Fisto. Santa looked at me with quite the confused expression so I said, "Oh you know Luke Santa and how much he loves all those Star Wars guys!" The things we'll do for our children.
We figured why not take advantage of Santa and throw Addison in the mix too. Well, I should have shown you the progression of pictures. First Addison was crying, then she was just kind of fussing and complaining, then she refused to look at him. She had her head turned so far away from him I thought she was going to break her neck. But finally, she thought, well, Luke's here, it can't be that bad and she took a look at the Big Man. HO HO HO!
From Luke's party, onto Amelia's party. I love going to visit Amelia at school because she is still at an age where it is so cool to have your mom show up at school. She gets so excited and so do all the other little children. We had more yummy food and fun songs and games. Whew, I don't know what I'm going to do when Addison is having school parties too!

Amelia's fabulous, fun teachers, Mrs. Manning and Ms. Chapman.

The children and I baked, lots and lots and lots and lots of different kinds of cookies this year. It was great having them help as my little elves. I could have never gotten through the decorating of my roll outs if it wasn't for their help. Although, today Amelia's friends asked her over to help them bake cookies and she told their mom, "No way, I have baked enough cookies this year!" Whoops, I guess I slave labored them a little bit.

This weekend we went to see The Nutcracker Ballet. It was really fun and well done. Stephen and I were quite impressed with the costumes and the set, who says the coast doesn't have any arts? Amelia adored the whole ballet. She was gasping at the fight scene and clapping and ooohing and ahhing. She was also excited about seeing one of her little friends dancing on stage. Luke enjoyed the ballet also, he told me his favorite part was the Mouse King and the Nutcracker fighting, what a surprise. He lasted until half way through the second act but then he and his buddy, Anna, decided making spotting scopes out of their program was a little more fun.

Amelia and Luke with their friends Anna and Caroline at the ballet. Doesn't Caroline look like she should be up on stage as Clara?










No comments: