Wednesday, December 16, 2009

O Holy Night

It's that time of year again, time for the wondrous joy of the Christmas Pageant. Nothing like trying to get 40 children to "act holy" and reenact the story of Jesus' birth. Amelia was chosen to be Mary this year, look how honored she was to be holding the baby Jesus. She was really annoyed at me that our baby Jesus had crayon on it's forehead. I was just glad I remembered to bring baby Jesus. I went to pick up Amelia's costume and it had a note pinned to it that I must bring baby Jesus and a blanket. My heart started racing and I started sweating, that is a lot of pressure! The whole pageant would be ruined if I forgot the baby Jesus. I figured we could always throw Addison in the manger if need be but still, STRESS! I should have never worried, Amelia remembered everything.
Oh and then there is our adorable little sheep. Luke was a sheep for the second year in a row, because really have you ever seen a cuter sheep? This picture was taken at our house, before we got to church, notice the ears, I put them on Luke, this is how they are supposed to be.

This is at church, look at Luke's ears again. This is how Luke insisted on wearing them for the pageant. He put them on himself and was very proud. As the show went on they slid down his forehead similar to an 80's sweatband. Too funny, all this while he was lying on his stomach kicking his feet in the air with his chin in his hands looking mighty bored. Although, he did sing his songs. I was a little worried because during rehearsal Lukey the sheep wandered too close to Mary and apparently Mary was not willing to share the spotlight because she started yelling at Luke the sheep to get back in his corner where the sheep belong. I just put my head in my hands and prayed they wouldn't get into a brawl the night of the pageant. It's never good if the pageant ends with Mary slugging a sheep in the face.

So cute, so cute. I love church Christmas pageants. Notice Luke in the front row, head down, wondering what we are going to be eating at church dinner.

Mary and Joseph. Amelia and Jake Simon are quite cute together and we often catch them sneaking smiles and waves during church. The pageant went well, it was such a joy to watch the children sharing the message of our Savior.

No comments: