Saturday, March 1, 2008

Life's a Beach

This is what we were doing at the end of February, enjoying our own private beach. This is Horn Island and we brought the kids out here with our good friends. We had a great picnic and the kids ran around the beach collecting shells and exploring. On the way out to the island we had dolpins jumping around the boat. We also saw stingrays swimming in the shallow water and when we were in the bayou we saw two alligators! Who needs Sea World? I know, I know all of my midwestern friends are laughing that I used the word bayou and that I even know what a bayou is now.
McKenzie, Luke, Hayden and Amelia enjoying a juice break on the beach. We still can't believe this is where we live!
On the boat, poor Luke just couldn't relax. He actually slept like that the whole boat trip over to the island and after we anchored he stayed in the boat and slept even more. Eventually he woke up and poked his little head up probably thinking how the heck did I end up out in the middle of the Gulf?

No comments: