Friday, February 12, 2016

Basketball

Luke Michael has joined his first basketball team.  It is the local rec league for 9 and 10 year olds.   He showed up (never having played on a team) to the draft day in Bulls shorts, Bulls jersey and knee high athletic socks.  He had confidence way beyond his skill level which I loved!

Luke is doing great, he is improving every single game and his skill level is catching up to his swagger.  And now he has new Air Jordans to complete the look.  He ended up being drafted to The Bulls which is great because our neighbor is the coach and two of his friends are on the team.  

Laughing it up with our neighbor Reese.  


 Grab that rebound Luke!

Checking out our reaction (he looks up to the bleachers a lot after he does something right).  So sweet.

Hands up Luke!  
Recently my dad sent me DVD's of my years playing basketball and Luke LOVES to watch me play.  It was great timing because now when I play with him in our driveway, he listens to me when I coach him.  He knows his momma has got skillz.  Ha!
Anyway, we have had lots of fun going to Luke's games and he will proudly tell you so far this season he has scored two baskets and one free throw and boy was he excited!  

No comments: