Saturday, September 26, 2015

Marine Mammal Institute

The Institute for Marine Mammal Study is a little treasure here on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi.  It is a rescue center for dolphins, whales, turtles, etc.  
It is fascinating to read about the rescues and what great work they do.  They also allow tours and interactions with some of the creatures.  

My kiddos enjoying the touch pool where they can pet sting rays and sharks.

Amelia received the dolphin interaction as one of her birthday presents this year.  
She got to give the dolphin all sorts of commands and rewards as well as learn about dolphin behavior.  
When I was 12, I would have given up everything I owned to be that close to a dolphin.  It would have been beyond my wildest dreams to imagine rubbing a dolphin's tummy.


Another trainer brought out one of the other dolphins to play with Addison.  

Kisses!
Dolphin dance!
IMMS once again did not disappoint and we had a great day!
 

No comments: