Friday, December 19, 2014

Make a joyful noise!

In December, our family has so many fun events and performances that are perfect blog material.  The problem is, we are so busy prepping, directing, volunteering, decorating said performances that I run out of time to blog the events!
So here is a sampling of our Christmas celebrations so far.
Church Christmas Pageant
 
Our church's Children's Choir, First Praise, did a beautiful job sharing the Christmas story with our congregation.  Addison and Luke are part of the choir and we were very proud of their singing.  


Amelia was chosen to be a narrator this year and she was confidant and clear and did a great job!

Ocean Springs Upper Elementary Band Concert
 

Amelia had her first band concert, along with 176 other beginning band students!  God bless those band teachers, I do not know how they do it.  The kids sounded really great and it was actually an enjoyable Christmas concert.  
Amelia has been absolutely loving band and playing her trumpet.  Proud of you Mimi!

Connections China Opera
 

 Yes, I said opera!  These kids are gifted and talented remember ;)
Each child picks a tradition, animal, etc. from Chinese culture and researches it, makes a costume, and then writes a verse to SING at the opera.  They are so stinkin' cute, I can't stand it.  
Luke not only sang his opera verse but, because he was the traditional Chinese Lion, he also danced through the crowd.
So proud of you Luke!

This was Luke's verse:
Gung Hey Fat Choy
Wishing Happy New Year to each girl and boy.
Ni Hao!
I'm the lion and I like to dance,
Bring cabbage and lettuce and 
I'll give you a glance.
I hear drums playing my
favorite tune,
I"m a symbol of good luck and fortune! 

More joyful noises as we continued on to piano and guitar performance.

Luke on guitar!

Amelia on piano!
Phew, are you tired yet??
We are too, but Merry, Merry, Merry!
More to come...

No comments: